A serious problem about loading MrSID data to a raster dataset

04-27-2010 06:27 AM
sailiTang
New Contributor III
Hi,

I created a raster dataset in our geodatabase, and then loaded MrSID files to the dataset. We have 1100 MrSID files. Maybe the loading took so long time, anyway it disconnected with database suddenly and unusualy. So I closed and reopened ArcCatalog to continue to load the data, but it couldn't work anymore. I got an error(please see the attachments) as well. Therefore, I recreated a new raster dataset and loaded our MrSid data to the new dataset. It works! I load about 50 files per day (I don't want the loading takes long time and disconnects). But this morning, I got a runtime error and ArcCatalog shut down suddenly, and then when I reopened ArcCatalog and reloaded our data, the same error appeared and I cannot load data anymore. Something like if ArcCatalog shut down unusually during loading data, you cannot load data anymore.

Could you tell me how I can solve this problem? Thank you so much!!

Saili
0 Kudos
2 Replies
sailiTang
New Contributor III
Nobody can answer me? 😞
0 Kudos
GünterDörffel
Occasional Contributor III
Hey Saili,

try out the new MosaicDataset first!
If you load 1100 highly compressed MrSIDs to a rasterDataset you duplicate the data and potentially create a very large dataset. Sue a Mosaik to just reference the existing MrSIDs first (for a try) ... then build pyramids on top of it and enjoy!

Regards
Guenter
0 Kudos