AnsweredAssumed Answered

Exclude some data in a classBreaksDefinition, but still symbolize those records

Question asked by schlot on Jul 3, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 by schlot
In Desktop, when symbolizing by a numeric value, not only can you specify classification method, interval, field etc, there's also a place to exclude some records.  I routinely have data with a value of -999 to indicate 'no data'.  In desktop, I can exclude those records from the classification calculation and still have a symbol on them that I can show on the map and legend.

I don't see that I can do the same thing with the objects available for classbreaksdefinition and generateRendererTask.  If I exclude my 'no data', using a where clause, my classification calculates just fine, but they are completely eliminated from the display.  That isn't what I want to see.  I can't have those -999 in the calculations, that just gives weird breaks, but I still show them with some 'no data' symbol, not have them completely gone. 

Am I missing something?  It seems like I should be able to do this.  I could probably make a second set of function just to display these no data records, but that sounds rather messy.

Outcomes