Override Scale Range

06-30-2014 10:55 PM
SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III

• I applied a scale range to a layer within ArcGIS for Desktop.

• I published this to a hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online (using my account which is Admin).

• I added this layer to a webMap and saved.

• Decide that I no longer need this scale range in place.

• Web-map --> Layer --> Set Visibility Range --> Clear Scale levels

• Save Web Map AND Save Layer, as per the docco

• Log out and log back in (all of this has been done with my Admin account) - WebMap still has scale level set.

How do I override the original scale range? 
I would prefer to not have to overwrite the existing service as its possible the original data has been lost/changed schema.

The REST endpoint for the hosted feature service still has Min. Scale: 144447.638571969.
Is it possible to change this either at the service level, the layer level, or at the web-map level?   The latter two I believe my steps above proove that its not working as expected?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
ArcGIS Online can narrow the scale range of a given service, but it can't expand the scale range beyond what the service supports.

thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks for prompt response Mike.
That makes sense, I was just wondering as the feature service was hosted on ArcGIS Online, there might have been a way at overriding it. 
Will look at recovering data and overwriting service without the scale levels applied within the ArcGIS for Desktop environment.
Thanks.
0 Kudos