Points to Line reoccurring error: "geoprocessing list object is not subscriptable"

06-26-2014 10:28 AM
SarahBalabanov1
New Contributor
This error has been popping up over the last several months, with various point datasets. I have a point shapefile created from an excel sheet. The points are along a river, and represent transects running perpendicular to the river (groups of approximately 20 points per transect). I would like to make lines connecting the first point of one transect to the first point of the next transect, and so on, to create lines running parallel to the river.

My "line field" is the point number (each transect has points numbered 1, 2, 3...). So all points with the point number 1 should connect to create a line. I do not use a sort field.

Almost immediately after hitting "Run", the tool fails to execute and the error message "geoprocessing list object is not subscriptable" is given. I am told this indicates an error within the python script itself. What can I do to make this work?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
GhislainPrince
Esri Contributor
Hi Sarah,
could you share the data with us, and the set of parameters you specify when you run.

we'd like to have a look. thanks

Ghis Prince
Esri
0 Kudos