Self Intersecting Polygons and Other Issues

06-25-2014 07:02 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Using ArcGIS version 10.0; fully service packed; file geodatabase, 64 bit winodws 7:  I'm having a problem with polygons of city boundaries.  I've run the Check Geometry tool and I get a list of polygons that have self-intersecting polygons, which is cool, but I can't seem to find them visually.  Other threads on this subject ask what I'm thinking: how does one identify a self intersecting polygon? And the biggest complaint is the fact the there is no topology tool for self intersecting polygons.  Has anyone cracked this nut?

These polygons are giving me fits with overlaps and gaps.  I can't tell you how many times I've created a topology, corrected the issues, only to find them again at a later date.  Sometimes it looks like a city or two are shifted; like the sticky tolerance is too low.  Other times I will find multiple vertices where I know there were just one.  I'm the only guy that edits these features, so I can't blame anyone else:  is this problem that others have experienced, or is just me?
That should just about do it....
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies