Incomplete domain checkout in Arcpad

06-24-2014 11:24 AM
EdSchools
New Contributor
When I check out a featureclass for disconnected editing in ArcPad, only a portion of the associated domain values are in the Arcpad drop down. There are a total of 160 coded values in the domain, but only 89 show up in the drop down when editing. Anyone have some thoughts on why this is happening?

6/25
OK, I found the problem. The domain was created from a database table. The table had the same site name, but once in all capitols and once in mixed case; e.g., Misery Bay and MISERY BAY. When the featureclass was checked out to ArcPad, all domain values down to the first of the two entries showed up in the edit form dropdown. None of the domain values after the first ???duplicate??? domain value showed up.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimothyOslund
New Contributor

This is old but I wanted to second Ed Schools's experience.  This seems to be a bug with Arcpad.  I had a list of domains that included 'Other' and 'other' as code values.  Everything after 'Other' alphabetically did not appear on the Arcpad file.  I deleted the capitalized version and all of the other domains appeared.  Thanks, Ed, I would have never thought of this.

0 Kudos