Attachments not showing when using PopupTemplate

06-20-2014 11:08 AM
StevenGraf1
Occasional Contributor III
Here is my js fiddle

I've double checked that attachments are indeed enabled on the layer.  There aren't any attachments loaded in yet but it should still show the dialog "No Attachments Found".

Any ideas?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
I dont believe you can show attributes like that.  I think you have to use an attributeinspector
0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Thanks for the quick reply!

I think you meant attachments because the attributes work just fine.  I just figured since it was pulling from the popupTemplate instead of the infoTemplate the attachments would work like they were suppose to.

I've successfully implemented the infoTemplate while toggling layer visibility but no attachments. I've successfully implemented the popupTemplate that shows the attachment link without toggling layer visibility but I have yet to figure out toggling layer visibility while being able to identify on visible layers and showing an attachment link in the infowindow/popup.
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
Sorry its been a long day.

got confused.
0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Do you know of any samples that show toggling layer visibility with identify and showing attachments link or point me the right direction.

I could use the attribute inspector with attachment editor and disable everything from editing but then I'm not quite sure how to link each layer to toggling layer visibility.
0 Kudos
LuciHawkins
Hi,

I believe you need to use a Feature Layer instead of a Dynamic Layer to show attachments.  Good example:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis../jssamples/widget_popupfl.html

Thanks,

Luci
0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Thanks, That is the widget I have implemented now, but I need to break out my one layer into multiple layers and have the ability to toggle them on and off while keeping the identify and attachments link.

The only samples I am seeing for toggling visibility use ArcgisDynamicMapServiceLayer.

Is there a way to toggle layer visibility using the popup widget?  I think I am definitely getting out of my skill level here.

Thanks for you help!
0 Kudos
LuciHawkins
I had a similar problem and the method I finally used was to build an array of the visible layers when a mapclick occurred and only show the popup for the layers that were in that array.

Good Luck,

Luci
0 Kudos