Install arcpy

06-20-2014 05:55 AM
JasonCowell
New Contributor
Hello,

My company uses Citrix to access all ArcGIS components (Catalog, ArcInfo, ArcScene, etc..) so we do not have the software installed on our computers. I'm trying to work with pythonWin to edit scripts on my machine and then use those scripts through the Citrix applications. I currently have python/PythonWin and numpy installed on my machine but is it possible to get arcpy installed without having ArcGIS Desktop installed as well?

Thanks,

Jason
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
arcpy is installed when ArcGIS is installed, there is no separate installer
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hello,

My company uses Citrix to access all ArcGIS components (Catalog, ArcInfo, ArcScene, etc..) so we do not have the software installed on our computers. I'm trying to work with pythonWin to edit scripts on my machine and then use those scripts through the Citrix applications. I currently have python/PythonWin and numpy installed on my machine but is it possible to get arcpy installed without having ArcGIS Desktop installed as well?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I have not tested this, but take a look at the following link:

http://pythongisandstuff.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/locating-python-adding-to-path-and-accessing-arcpy...
0 Kudos
BradPosthumus
Occasional Contributor II
Our organization uses Citrix as well, and we had our administrator install PythonWin in Citrix alongside the ArcGIS applications. Not quite as convenient as having a local installation but it works.
0 Kudos