Failed join site and failed to generate certificate 10.2.2

06-17-2014 01:26 PM
DonnyVelazquez
Occasional Contributor
Trying to add a new machine to an existing site.
Error message is:
Failed to join the site 'http://[IP]:6080/arcgis/admin'. Failed to generate certificate '{0}'

Even though it says it fails, if I check the main machine it shows it listed but not running.
If I click start to run it the error message is.
Failed to start the server machine [machine name]. Server machine 'http://[Machine name]:6080/arcgis/admin'
returned an error. 'Could not find resource or operation 'start' on the system.

I noticed the self cert was generated on the new machine, so I used the admin interface to generate it but still no go.

I'm at a loss here. Has anyone run across this?

Machine info:
Windows Server 2008 R2 Sp1 64bit
ArcGIS Server 10.2.2
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
I've seen it but can't remember resolution.

From the Help:

If you encounter a failure when creating or joining an ArcGIS Server site, you can troubleshoot the issue by addressing the error messages reported in the create site or join site summary panel. Additionally, a log of the event is recorded on disk, located at <ArcGIS for Server installation directory>\ArcGIS\Server\usr\logs\<machine name>\server. The messages in the log can provide additional insight into what caused the issue. To view the log, navigate to the logs directory and open the log in a text editor.

Maybe the logs will give a clue
0 Kudos
DonnyVelazquez
Occasional Contributor
I've seen it but can't remember resolution.

From the Help:

If you encounter a failure when creating or joining an ArcGIS Server site, you can troubleshoot the issue by addressing the error messages reported in the create site or join site summary panel. Additionally, a log of the event is recorded on disk, located at <ArcGIS for Server installation directory>\ArcGIS\Server\usr\logs\<machine name>\server. The messages in the log can provide additional insight into what caused the issue. To view the log, navigate to the logs directory and open the log in a text editor.

Maybe the logs will give a clue

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately there's nothing in the logs that's helpful. Except I know the server licenses are valid. 😉
0 Kudos