Server 10.2 - service capabilities missing?

06-16-2014 10:39 AM
grahamcooke
Occasional Contributor
Hi All,

Just installed server 10.2.2 today on Windows Server 2012 hyper v box. All seemed ok, authorised and set up a web adaptor etc.. I published a test service from within ArcGIS desktop 10.1 but the service only has feature access capability (ie no mapping or KML etc..) also when i navigate to the rest endpoint i only get the option to open the service in ArcGIS.com (which doesnt work for me as i am on a restricted LAN with limited internet access).

With my 10/10.1 services i get options to open in google maps or javascript etc..

I registered the database in server 10.2 manager where the map data resides and this also worked fine and validate ok. (Nb This was also a 10.1 database). I thought 10.2 server worked with 10.1 desktop and db??

Am I doing something glaringly wrong, omitting a step or hitting some compatibility issue?

Hope someone can help.
Tags (2)
3 Replies
JanelleRandolph
New Contributor

Check what your ArcGIS for Server 10.2 license is. I found when I used a Basic license I only had the option for Feature Service, but when I configured Server to use a Standard Workgroup license I was able to see the otpions I was expecting (ie mapping and KML).

0 Kudos
PavlinStaikov
New Contributor II

I have the same issue. Indeed I have a basic license for the server because this is what my company has bought for development. However, it does not seem right that Feature Access would be the only available capability. In fact all documentation I have seen states that mapping is always enabled and there is no option to disable it. Indeed if I create a service definition to save to a file, mapping is there and impossible to turn off. If I publish the service and go to the server manager, it shows me that mapping is enabled. However, if I want to go to the .../MapServer URL, it gives me 500 server erorr. Only the .../FeatureServer URL works. This looks very much like a bug with the 10.2.2 server basic.

0 Kudos
grahamcooke
Occasional Contributor

Hi Pavlin,

Apparently anything other than basic feature services is exactly what you do get with Basic license for server. You need standard if you want the mapping and KML capabilities.

I also found that trying to publish 10.2 services from 10.1 desktop doesnt work and will confuse matters further!

0 Kudos