Compute Point Location of Geometric Intersection

06-16-2014 08:30 AM
Labels (1)
AaronHigh
New Contributor III
Hi,

In ArcObjects it is possible to specify what type of output features are desired on an intersect operation, is the same operation possible in the WPF Runtime? I've experimented with the Intersect task but the return geometry type is always equal to the input type.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to calculate a the specific location along a geometry where an intersection occurs. For example, I'd like to know where on a polyline it is intersected by another polyline or polygon as a point location. Is this possible through other means if I can't specify an output geometry type on an intersect task?

Thanks,
Aaron
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

The API is using a geometry service (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgis-rest-api/index.html#/Intersect/02r3000000sr000000/).

For the Intersect operation, if you provide a polyline and another polyline or polygon, you will receive the entire length of the intersection as the result, which seems reasonable. You could use the first and/or last vertices of the result to determine the points of intersection?

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos