Printing Secured Services via esri.tasks.PrintTask

Jump to solution
06-13-2014 06:48 PM
AlexeiB
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I have established my proxy page and everything seems to be working. I am now trying to print a secured web service using the esri.tasks.PrintTask.

My services are appearing on my map via my proxy, I am able to query, update, and delete records with no problems. When I try to print however I get the following response (via firebug):

{"error":{"code":400,"message":"Unable to complete operation.","details":["Error executing tool. ... Unable to connect to map server...

It then lists all the services I am displaying in my map and how it can't connect to them.

Has anyone successfully printed secured map services via the PrintTask?

Thank you,

Alex
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexeiB
Occasional Contributor
I saw that post before but had to get it running. I solved the issue by generating a short life-span token and appending it to the call and it seems to be working.

Hopefully it is fixed soon.

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III

Jeff

I just hit this issue.  Please can someone elaborate on

A domain 'arcgis' account must be created to run the ArcGIS Server Windows service. If roles are being managed through LDAP or Active Directory, this domain account must be added to a group that has access to the secured services being printed. If ArcGIS Server built-in roles are being used, this new domain account can be added to the appropriate roles through Server Manager.

Our ArcGIS Server service already runs with a domain account.  Our server user and roles are "ArcGIS Server Built-in"

It is the bit n bold above I am having issues with.  How exactly do you do that?  Do I add the domain user ( domain/SVC-ArcGIS) as a user - if so, it wouldn't allow me to add the domain part.  I'ma bit confused.

Cheers

ACM

0 Kudos
AlexeiB
Occasional Contributor
I saw that post before but had to get it running. I solved the issue by generating a short life-span token and appending it to the call and it seems to be working.

Hopefully it is fixed soon.

Thanks,

Alex
MS
by
New Contributor III

Hi Alexei, could you explain how you appended the token to the call?  I'm trying to use the PrintTask with secured services as well, and I'm stuck on that step.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
SaurabhGupta5
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex , I am also stucked at same point , can you please help me out

1) I am also using a proxy page to retireve all my services on map , this is working fine.

2) When i am using built in exportwebmap in 10.2.2 printing service getting same error as you mentioned in your post, what should i do ? How do i know whether i am using shortlived token or long lived token in my proxy?

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos