Extract Data Task from an Image Service

06-11-2014 01:41 PM
JonathanBailey
Occasional Contributor III
Using 10.2.2, I'm using the Extract Data Task (Server Tools\Data Extraction\Extract Data Task) to extract data from an Image Service. I run the tool successfully.

Next, I want to publish this tool to the same ArcGIS for Server instance as a geoprocessing service. This seems to work OK, except that when Validating the service, I get a warning that the Image Service isn't registered as data source, and that it will be uploaded to the server. Weird. So, I wonder what's happening here ... is this a warning that can be ignored? It doesn't seem meaningful that an image service is being uploaded to the server (that already hosts the service).

In any event, the published service works correctly -- but wondering if I can safely ignore this warning.

Thanks,

Jon.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielSmith
Look into the extraction functionality of the image service itself rather than using a service in a service. I suspect that now the imagery is being extracted from the copied data set rather than the image service.
0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor
Jon,

If inside the folder the service is deployed to (C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\((service)).GPServer\extracted\v101
You find a .AGS file which is a connection to the Server\ImageService.... yeah its fine.
Its talking about copying the connection, not the imageservice contents.

If you made a connection to your AGS and placed that file in your working directory, then registered that folder with the server, you shouldn't get a copy on publish message.
0 Kudos
JonathanBailey
Hi Kevin,

Yes, it seems to make sense that it's talking about the connection and not the image service data itself. However, I don't see a .ags file in the service folder (only a .rlt and a .tbx). Or, anywhere else in my c:\arcgisserver folder, for that matter.

Jon.
0 Kudos