gizagui

Working with RASTER type fields in ArcGIS 10.0 and Python 2.6.5

Discussion created by gizagui on Jun 10, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2014 by gizagui
Hello all,

I have the following problem. I need to export a bunch of photos from a raster field in a feature class in SDE, naming them by some property of the feature class. I know to export them by hand, one by one, but but there are thousands of photos to extrat from de SDE GDB. I have found a pretty nice script for this task, http://esriaustraliatechblog.wordpress.com/2014/02/25/how-to-export-your-raster-datasets-referenced-in-a-raster-attribute-field-file-geodatabase-using-python/ but my problem is that I am working with an old version of arcpy (ArcGIS 10.0 and Python 2.6.5), which does not have the Data Access Module �??da�??, used in this script, i.e. arcpy.da.SearchCursor().
So, since I am not very skilled in Python coding, i need help to modify the script to make it compatible with my older version of arcpy, perhaps using arcpy.SearchCursor() instead of the newly 'da' version of SearchCursor().

I am also interested in bulk import of photos to a raster field, i.e. given a folder with the pictures, load them in the correponding raster field in the feature class.

In summary, I need help with some tips to bulk reading and writing in raster type fields using Python in ArcGIS 10.0.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Gaston.

Outcomes