Samsung galaxy S5 and Collector

Jump to solution
06-09-2014 10:40 PM
TerryOD
New Contributor III
Hi Folks, Anyone tried Collector for ArcGIS on a Samsung Galaxy S5 that can confirm it is compatible?

Cheers
Terry
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigCheeseman
New Contributor III
There seems to be issues with Samsung's camera application and collector.  From what I understand and have experienced the camera uses too much memory which causes Collector to hang.  There is a suggested workaround to use a different camera app but that did not work on our Samsung tablet.  We have found if we shoot the photo first and then attach the image from the gallery Collector does not crash.

ESRI is aware of the issue and are I have been told are working on a fix.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CraigCheeseman
New Contributor III
There seems to be issues with Samsung's camera application and collector.  From what I understand and have experienced the camera uses too much memory which causes Collector to hang.  There is a suggested workaround to use a different camera app but that did not work on our Samsung tablet.  We have found if we shoot the photo first and then attach the image from the gallery Collector does not crash.

0 Kudos
TerryOD
New Contributor III
Great, thank you! I can live with that.

0 Kudos