.jpgw Spacial Reference

Jump to solution
06-06-2014 12:07 PM
AndrewWhyte
New Contributor
Hi,
In ArcMap I need to simply display some .jpg images and their accompanying .jpgw file (which I am assuming will hold the spatial information). When I try adding the data I can only find the .jpg files with .jpgw nowhere to be seen. When I load this it tells me there is no spatial information.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor
When you bring in the jpg, it will bring in any additional jpgw and jpg.aux.xml files that contain the spatial information automatically(they need to have the same base file names, only different extensions).

You will need both the jpgw and the jpg.aux.xml for the image to be georeferenced properly I believe, There is more information in the links below.

Read here about world files (.jpgw) and here for auxiliary files that contain the projection and transformation information (jpg.aux.xml).

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor
When you bring in the jpg, it will bring in any additional jpgw and jpg.aux.xml files that contain the spatial information automatically(they need to have the same base file names, only different extensions).

You will need both the jpgw and the jpg.aux.xml for the image to be georeferenced properly I believe, There is more information in the links below.

Read here about world files (.jpgw) and here for auxiliary files that contain the projection and transformation information (jpg.aux.xml).

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
hesapadam
New Contributor III

Hi @AndrewWhyte ,

Were you able to solve this problem? I have a very similar problem: With ArcGIS Runtime, I need to display a .jpg file and I have the relevant .jpgw file in the same directory with the same name. However when there isn't a .aux.xml file present, I cannot display the image in the map. Is there a way to display it without the aux.xml files or is there a way to create this file automatically? 

My question about this issue:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-runtime-sdk-for-net-questions/displaying-images-along-with-worl... 

Thanks.

0 Kudos