How to fix schematics nodes

06-05-2014 05:03 AM
pierrelaulhe
New Contributor
Hello everybody

I actualy work with schematics on arcmap 10.2.
i use geometric network to create my schematics. My network is good.
I have two types of node: A and B and one type of edge.
As you know when you create a schematics, your nodes and edges move. (different position by comparaison with the geometric network).
What i want to do is to fix the node A on their real (geometric) position. The nodes B and the edges can move.

I try to do that with the INITIALX and INITIALY Position but until now it doesn't work.

Does anybody have some ideas?

Thanks in advance

P
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
Not sure I understand this statement: "As you know when you create a schematics, your nodes and edges move. "
Moving nodes and links is a user choice...edit them or don't edit them.  The only time that is automatic is if the admin has decided to automatically apply a layout algorithm to the diagram template.  Again, that is a company choice though.

Anyway, there isn't a way to 'lock' certain features so they never move.  You can simply select all the Node A nodes and then run the Geo-Initial Positions layout algorithm.  That will move just those nodes back to the original XY position.
0 Kudos
pierrelaulhe
New Contributor
Hey Rick

Thanks for answering.

It should be easier with picture:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34440[/ATTACH]
On that picture (SCHEMATICS1) there is 4 nodes wich are intersections between lignes and the white square.
These are the nodes i don't want to move when i run an algorithm.
When i say "the nodes move", it's like in this picture: [ATTACH=CONFIG]34441[/ATTACH]
Nodes and edges move all together.
For now, i can't use argis, but as you say, i will try to select them (only nodes) after running my algorithm and run the initial position algorithm.

I will tell you if it works.

Thanks
0 Kudos
pierrelaulhe
New Contributor
Hey

I tried it and it works perfectly.
Simplest way are often the good one

Thanks a lot

P
0 Kudos
RickAnderson