Why can't I search for layers in ArcGIS Online with an organizational account?

Jump to solution
06-03-2014 07:21 PM
EvanQuick1
New Contributor
Why are the options under Add > Search for Layers different with between a personal and an organizational account?  With a personal account I have options to search across ArcGIS Online, the Web or a GIS Server.  With an organizational account I have options to search across My Organization, a GIS Server or ESRI Map Layers.  How do I search across all of ArcGIS Online with an organizational account?  There are a wealth of public layers in ArcGIS Online (that are not ESRI Map Layers) that I would like to be able to search for and add to my map, but I seem to be only able to search for these when I log in with my personal account!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Evan.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III
Evan:

If you log into your organizational account at the Admin, go to Edit Settings then the Security tab, do you have the Members can search for content outside the organization option check on?  See attached.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34375[/ATTACH]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoeFlannery
This works.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34328[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
EvanQuick1
New Contributor
Good to know it works for someone Joe, but it still doesn't work for anyone in my organization:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34368[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Evan:

If you log into your organizational account at the Admin, go to Edit Settings then the Security tab, do you have the Members can search for content outside the organization option check on?  See attached.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34375[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
EvanQuick1
New Contributor
Awesome, Joe - you've nailed it.  Thanks!
0 Kudos