Modify Login Window - Secured Services

06-02-2014 05:46 AM
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor
When you create a JS app and add Secured Services it automatically creates a popup window to Authenticate the user and the data that is trying to access.

Questions:
1. How can I modify this popup and change its appearance and location in the app (If possible).  Can I recreate its appearance?
2. Is there a widget that I can leverage that will completely replace this and allow the user to login to a main page and then create some sort of session variable that will time out but allow the user to refresh without having to add their credentials every time.

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor
I think this  (https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/jssamples/widget_identitymanager_client_side.html) sort of addresses Number 2 above.  It allows to the credentials to be stored and a refresh does not kick off the login window again.

I guess my ONLY question now is how to modify the login window?  Is this possible?  Even if I was able to change the text, color, transparency etc.....

Thoughts?
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
I would love to override the dialog with a simple "Please log in" as opposed to the rest endpoint address
0 Kudos