Problem with side shots on unclosed parcels created using internal angles

06-01-2014 07:48 AM
JulianKapoor
New Contributor
Hello,
     I've been attempting to create unclosed parcels in a parcel fabric using internal angles and am having difficulty with doing a least-squares adjustment on them. I would like to be able to enter "side shots" (i.e. connections other than the main traverse loop or path) with an unclosed parcel, however, it appears that this is not possible using internal angles (though I can if I use bearings). If I first create a closed loop of arbitrary size and shape, then I can create side shots without issue. The problem with this method is that it generates "isolated loops" (due to these arbitrary parcel loops that allow me to begin making side-shots) that cause the least-squares adjustments to fail. I do not want these isolated loops to contribute to the LSA since they are arbitrarily defined, but it seems they are necessary to make it possible to create the side shots. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Julian
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JulianKapoor
New Contributor
For anyone with a similar problem, obscure though it may be, I may have found a pseudo-solution. Designating the lines that I do not want to participate in the LSA as "dependent lines" and then unchecking the "Use dependent lines in adjustment" box in the Adjustment window seems to solve my problem.
Julian
0 Kudos