msbsmith

Clip and Ship Export Task combined with a Query Definition

Discussion created by msbsmith on May 30, 2014
Hello,

Is it possible to combine the clip-ship export task with an attribute query to export a refined set of data?

For example, I have the export task working great, but it exports all features of the chosen layer for the area defined on the map by the user.  What I'd like to be able to do is apply some kind of query definition to the task, for example "WHERE [POP_COUNT] > 20000", thereby only exporting features for the defined area AND where the attribute value POP_COUNT is over 20000.  The attribute query will need to vary depending on what the user wants to export, so it's no good defining it in the published geoprocessing service, it needs to be flexible for the user to define the query they want before executing the export task.

Any help would be great, thank you.

This all stems from providing a tool in my API's for users to define and apply a query definition to the map service to show only certain features on the map.  However the export task doesn't use this service (it uses the geoprocessing service) and so doesn't know about the filter applied to the features, and so exports everything for the area defined on the map when the user is expecting to get just the visible shapes

Mark.

Outcomes