Title Pane close on start

Jump to solution
05-27-2014 06:30 AM
MathewSuran
New Contributor III
This should be an easy question that I can not figure out.  How do I set the title pane to default closed on startup?  Right now the default is open(expanded) when it loads.  This is different then .leftpanevisibility to hide the entire content pane.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
Ok, well, here's another option on the JS side of things you can try while your application loads. You basically tell the titlePane to close programatically. Here's my same example as before but using this JS method instead of specifying it on the HTML side of things:

[HTML]<!DOCTYPE html>
<html >
<head>
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://serverapi.arcgisonline.com/jsapi/arcgis/2.8/js/dojo/dijit/themes/claro/claro.css"/>

<script>dojoConfig = {parseOnLoad: true};</script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="http://serverapi.arcgisonline.com/jsapi/arcgis/?v=2.8"></script>

<script>
   dojo.require("dijit.TitlePane");

function init() {
    dijit.byId("tp2").set("open",false);
   };

dojo.addOnLoad(init);
  </script>
</head>
<body class="claro">
  <div id="tp2" data-dojo-type="dijit.TitlePane" data-dojo-props="title: 'I\'m a TitlePane Too'">
   Click arrow to close me.
  </div>
</body>
</html>[/HTML]

Now, the app you inherited may be structured a little different but the key line is that one line of code in my example's init function.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
Wouldn't use just set one of it's properties with data-dojo-props on the HTML side of things like this:
[HTML]<div data-dojo-type="dijit/TitlePane" data-dojo-props="open: false"></div>[/HTML]

Steve
0 Kudos
MathewSuran
New Contributor III
How different would that be for legacy?
0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
The *ONE* time I assume someone is using AMD... LOL. 😄

Actually, not much different. Here's an HTML line for a contentPane from one of my legacy projects:
[HTML]<div id="dataLayerSection" dojoType="dijit.layout.ContentPane" title="Data Layers" data-dojo-props="label:'Click to Expand'" selected="true">[/HTML]

So basically the forward slashes become periods.
0 Kudos
MathewSuran
New Contributor III
Haha you know what assuming does...:D

I figured the slashes for periods from the dojo webpage but can not seem to figure out where to integrate properly into the layout of my HTML.  Ill keep messing with it.  Thx.
0 Kudos
MathewSuran
New Contributor III
I cant figure out how to add your suggestion to what I have:

[HTML]<div data-dojo-type="dijit.layout.BorderContainer" id="leftPane" data-dojo-props="design:'headline', gutters:false,region:'left'" style="height:100%;padding:0;display:none;">
        </div>[/HTML]
0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
Can you post your HTML code? That would be the best way to help.
0 Kudos
MathewSuran
New Contributor III
That is the HTML code I'm working with.
0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
Are you literally starting from scratch? You asked about legacy code so I thought you already had some code / HTML written.
0 Kudos
MathewSuran
New Contributor III
Basically I was given a project that was 75% complete and I have had to reverse engineer to figure out what the company had done.  I am completely new to all of this and have been figuring it out as I go along.  I posted the HTML code 3 posts ago but here it is again:
[HTML]<div data-dojo-type="dijit.layout.BorderContainer" id="leftPane" data-dojo-props="design:'headline', gutters:false,region:'left'" style="height:100%;padding:0;display:none;">
        </div>[/HTML]

Let me know if you need more than that.
0 Kudos