URL Share Link not working

Jump to solution
05-22-2014 11:18 AM
BrianLee1
New Contributor II
Hello again,

I have another issue where the link for sharing, both the URL under my content, and the bit link (http://bit.ly/1k8ezgd), are not being shared with others whom I am directing to the story map.

I have made the map public in both my application and in the builder mode.

My friends are being directed to Log-in to ArcGIS Online, which is quite frustrating.

The URL link is: http://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=278015d9608e489e8a6586b672abaefd&webmap=5adf7128...

I am not sure why this is happening and was unable to find documentation about this problem.

Thanks for any help everyone!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III
The application is reporting that this item isn't shared. This is the item that contains your Map Tour data (point name/description/geometry).

So it looks like when you have shared your Tour through the builder that item hasn't been shared. I would guess that you created that item through ArcGIS Online Map Viewer with the Save Layer functionality? Sorry for inconvenience, I will make sure to manage that use case in next update.

Anyway just share that item and you should be good!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III
The application is reporting that this item isn't shared. This is the item that contains your Map Tour data (point name/description/geometry).

So it looks like when you have shared your Tour through the builder that item hasn't been shared. I would guess that you created that item through ArcGIS Online Map Viewer with the Save Layer functionality? Sorry for inconvenience, I will make sure to manage that use case in next update.

Anyway just share that item and you should be good!
0 Kudos
BrianLee1
New Contributor II
Hi,

Awesome thank you so much! Just a little quirk I did not think of!

Thanks for the quick responses!
0 Kudos