ArcGIS Standard License?

05-20-2014 08:27 PM
Labels (1)
SamC1
by
New Contributor
Hello Everyone,

I am a hydraulic engineer in the South and Southwest Florida area. I am trying to learn and utilize the ArcHydro tools. My goal is to build a watershed/floodplain model based on the LiDAR data and export it into another program (such as ICPR or HEC-RAS) for analysis.

What I am trying to figure out is this: do I need the ArcGIS Standard license to achieve what I want to do?

I reviewed the ArcHydro Tools Overview PDF on the FTP site, and there are a few tools required the Standard license. I would think I will need to use (at least) the Terrain Morphology>Drainage Connectivity Characterization and Network Tools>Hydro Network Generation. And looking through some existing models, they all seems to have Relationship Classes in the gdb, which I believe require a Standard license to create. Though, I am not 100% sure if my suspicion is correct... If you can confirm or deny that, that would be great! Thanks in advance.

p.s. We currently have some Basic licenses and that's enough for for basic mapping and analysis.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
You need to have Spatial Analyst to run the Arc Hydro tools.
I don't think you need a high level Arc Map license. Basic should work.

However, look at http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/101282-Problem-with-create-drainage-line-structure-dem-manipulation.... Seems some functions do require the higher license.
0 Kudos
JakubSisak
Occasional Contributor III
You will not only need Standard but Advanced (ArcInfo) license to be able to use all ArcHydro functionality.

Many processes require Standard licensing but at least the following require Advanced licensing:
Terrain Morphology
Drainage Boundary Definition - Generate 3D boundary lines for selected drainage areas.
Terrain Morphology/Drainage Boundary Processing
Drainage Boundary Definition - Generate 3D boundaries lines for the polygon features in the input Drainage Area feature class.
Terrain Morphology/Grouping
Generate Group Junction - Create a new Group Junction feature class by reselecting from Hydro Junctions that meet one of the grouped junction criteria.
Terrain Preprocessing Workflows
Basic Combined Terrain Processing -Model in the geoprocessing environment performing the basic terrain preprocessing steps for a dendritic and deranged terrain.
Basic Deranged Terrain Processing - Model in the geoprocessing environment performing the basic terrain preprocessing steps for a deranged terrain, i.e. a terrain with sinks.
0 Kudos
HSLim
by
New Contributor

Dear Jakub,

thanks for your post. Can I just ask if I need the Advanced ArcGIS license to run Create Drainage Line Structures for DEM Reconditioning? i basically need to burn streams into the DEM of an area with extremely flat topography.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this issue. 

0 Kudos