AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem Adding Points with Attachments (Android Only)

Question asked by jg1295 on May 15, 2014
Latest reply on May 27, 2014 by ccheeseman
I hesitate to call this a 'bug', but it sure seems like it. (Adding points w/attachments in iOS and AGOL desktop browser seems to work fine, Android has the issue described below)

Here's the set up:
*Map created using ArcGIS 10.2.2 - but MXD is sent to our IT department and they open and publish using 10.2. ArcMap and Server  published to are at 10.2.  (don't know if this is relevant, but including detail just in case)
*Collector for ArcGIS version 10.2.3 - initially upgraded existing Android install, but eventually uninstalled and reinstalled as of today.
*In the map, we have two public-facing, secured point feature services, both with attachments and editor tracking enabled.  NOTE:  these two point fcs have a 1-M relationship class set up.
*In ArcGIS.com, we have a single map which is set to private with access to one Group.

In the Android version of Collector:
this works:
1. Open the app, select the map, enter my security credentials, the map appears, the data are visible, selectable and editable.
2. Click on the (+) sign to add a new feature.  Enter various attribute info.
3. Click the 'map' icon to move the point.
3. Click the checkmark to save.
4. Saves feature successfully.

this fails:
1. Open the app, select the map, enter my security credentials, the map appears, the data are visible, selectable and editable.
2. Click on the (+) sign to add a new feature.  Enter various attribute info.
3. Click the 'map icon to move the point.
4. Add attachment (either from device or via camera).
5. Click the checkmark to save.  No 'posting' dialog, just shows the name of the map at the top nav bar.
6. Feature is still in 'edit' mode!  I can't go back to the attribute or map view.  I'm trapped! :)

Here's a quick 2 minute Youtube video that demonstrates the issue:

Outcomes