sstey

How to set snap options for Network Analyst Services via REST API?

Discussion created by sstey on May 13, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2016 by Buddhatown
Can anybody tell me how to define snap options when using Network Services via REST API?

Using ArcGIS for Desktop I can snap Point Geometries to the Network either using "Add Location (Network Analyst)" or "Calculate Locations (Network Analyst)" with a subsequent "Add Location (Network Analyst)".
Either way, I may define search criteria, match type, and even a search query.

However, I can't find out how to do this using ArcGIS for Server REST API with a simple Network Service.

I have two questions.

1:
When I configure "Network Locations" (lets say "snap to first" instead of "snap to closest", and I define a search query for the Network's edges) for the Network Layer in my Map Document, prior to publishing the Network Service to ArcGIS for Server: will these settings be used when I solve a route using ArcGIS for Server REST call with x and y for my stops? Or will it always snap to closest point on an edge of the Network?

2:
Actually, I need to define different search queries each time I solve a route. Is it possible to define these snap options in the REST API call (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgis-rest-api/index.html#/Solve_Route/02r3000000q3000000/)?
Or is it possible to use SourceID, SourceOID, PosAlong, SideOfEdge instead of x and y as stops for a route?

Kind Regards
Sebastian

Outcomes