AnsweredAssumed Answered

ExportWebMap with Secured Services

Question asked by ajmorris on May 13, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 8, 2014 by dwtimmins
I'm having trouble using the Print service with services that are secured. When the service is not secure, everything works great. When the service is secure, the widgets work great, and the proxy functions as expected. But, the printing fails. The printing GP service gives me an error that a token is required.

I've create a duplicate of the built-in service, since we define our own templates. My proxy works, so I know that's not the problem. The ExportWebMap service also fails when using the REST API, so that rules out any problem with the JavaScript widgets.

I read somebody say that it matters what account the Print service runs under, because that account needs permission to access the service. But, I don't really understand what that means. But, it seems like the GP service needs to authenticate, or somehow provide a token, or somehow use the proxy. (The exported webmap json doesn not have they proxy in the service URL's)

I'm about to lose it. Does anybody have any other thoughts on what I might try next?

Outcomes