Fail to create replica.Multiple layers are referencing a dataset,which is not support

05-08-2014 11:14 PM
RajasekarNammalvar
New Contributor II
As per the following documentation, we have enabled the sync capability for feature service.
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//0154000006m1000000

We can see all the layers in the feature service & it's sync capabilities informations,
Sync Capabilities:
[INDENT]Supports Registering Existing Data: true
Supports Sync Direction Control: true
Supports PerLayer Sync: true
Supports PerReplica Sync: false
Supports RollbackOnFailure : false
Supports Async: true[/INDENT]

And we are trying to access the feature service from the client application (Android device) & got the following error,
[INDENT]"Failed to create replica. Multiple layers are referencing a dataset, which is not supported."[/INDENT]
we have did some workaround to resolve this issue. But it's always throwing the same exception. We were not sure about this issue. If any help that would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Might be a bit late, but I had the same problem.

I think this problem might come from the fact that you have several layers referencing the same feature class.

For me, I solved the problem by creating only one layer referencing this feature class with a symbology by category instead. But be careful, I noticed that the "unique values, may fields" is not supported.

Hope it will help.

0 Kudos
MatthewFletcher
Occasional Contributor

I encountered the same error when downloading data onto the Collector app.  The "several layers referencing the same feature class" solution worked for me, thanks Nicolas!

0 Kudos