AnsweredAssumed Answered

JSAPI 3.9 Geocoder giving stack dump when hit ENTER in search field

Question asked by myESRIUName on May 8, 2014
Latest reply on May 9, 2014 by JGravois-esristaff
Hello all,

I'm upgrading from 3.7 to 3.9 and noticed I was getting stack dumps in my debugger when I used the Geocoder digit in my application. I could get anywhere from 1 to 3 sets of traces by typing a string to search for in the textfield and then just hitting the ENTER key to submit it. On the surface, everything still appears to be working...e.g., the map zooms appropriately.

I've managed to reproduce this behaviour using the simple sample provided at: https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/jssamples/locator_simple.html and simply editing the attributes passed to the Geocoder instantiation to include "autoComplete: true". That is:

geocoder = new Geocoder({                                         map: map                                         ,autoComplete: true                                     }, "search");

Has anyone else run into this? Is there something further I'm required to do now if I have autoComplete turned on for the Geocoder? Nothing in the docs for the dijit suggest this to be the case and I haven't seen anything in the forums that's specific to this particular problem with the Geocoder.

Cheers,
jtm

Outcomes