Bing Basemap in Shortlist Template?

Jump to solution
05-02-2014 06:50 AM
TrentReeder
Occasional Contributor
It seems in previous Shortlist template versions that there was an option to add your Bing Maps Key in order to utilize Bing basemaps.  Now this option is has been removed in the latest release.  Is it not possible to use Bing Maps for the Shortlist template?

We are currently using the 30-day free organization account for testing while we setup Portal here in house.  I've already added our Bing Maps Key to our organization account and can add the Bing Map as a basemap to our ArcGIS Online web map being used for our Shortlist application with no issue.  When viewing our actual Shortlist application though, I just get the loading screen.

I've added code related to calling our Bing Maps Key from the previous Shortlist template version to see if I still needed to retrieve the Key through the application rather than the WEBMAP_ID, but still no dice. Console tells me, Map creation failed: {}

It is Friday so I might be missing some small detail...

Thanks for any suggestions!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TrentReeder
Occasional Contributor
Well, it is indeed Friday and I was able to resolve the issue by rereading the instructions below from the Help guide:
For Bing Maps, if your organization wants to use Bing Maps in maps, enter the Bing Maps key that Microsoft provided you.

If you enable this option, members of your organization see Bing as an option for adding layers from the web.

Check the box to allow your Bing key to be used in maps shared publicly by organization members (your Bing key will be exposed to the public). This option only appears if your organization allows anonymous access to your site (in the Security section). If you disable anonymous access, the public will no longer be able to see your maps with Bing Maps. To reenable public access of your maps with Bing Maps, you need to recheck anonymous access and recheck the option to allow your Bing key to be used in maps shared publicly.

I had missed check box option to allow our Bing Key to be used in maps shared publicly after checking the box in the Security section to allow anonymous access to our organization.  Anyhow, hope this helps someone else out in the future...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TrentReeder
Occasional Contributor
Well, it is indeed Friday and I was able to resolve the issue by rereading the instructions below from the Help guide:
For Bing Maps, if your organization wants to use Bing Maps in maps, enter the Bing Maps key that Microsoft provided you.

If you enable this option, members of your organization see Bing as an option for adding layers from the web.

Check the box to allow your Bing key to be used in maps shared publicly by organization members (your Bing key will be exposed to the public). This option only appears if your organization allows anonymous access to your site (in the Security section). If you disable anonymous access, the public will no longer be able to see your maps with Bing Maps. To reenable public access of your maps with Bing Maps, you need to recheck anonymous access and recheck the option to allow your Bing key to be used in maps shared publicly.

I had missed check box option to allow our Bing Key to be used in maps shared publicly after checking the box in the Security section to allow anonymous access to our organization.  Anyhow, hope this helps someone else out in the future...
0 Kudos