Preparing data for offline use

04-30-2014 10:26 PM
SamGikunoo
New Contributor
My organisation is about to deploy 250 guys to update data if the fields and one of the requirements is them to be able to update in the offline mode. I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 to publish the maps. I'm unable to enable the offline mode in ArcGIS online.
Can somebody help me get around the offline mode? I am not an expert in GIS like some of you.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Samuel,

... I'm unable to enable the offline mode in ArcGIS online.

Help info to enable offline map use can be found here: Take maps offline

Does your data meet the prerequisites for offline map use?

"Currently, you can enable map layers for offline use from tiles with Export tiles enabled (from ArcGIS 10.2.2 for Server or later), features (from ArcGIS 10.2.2 for Server or later), and hosted features."

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hi Derek,

With the switch to geonet, your link to "Take maps offline" is lost.  Can you update this?  Thanks

Timothy Hales

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Asrujit for sending the links.  i will read thru those.

In partticular, I'm trying to find out whether it is possible for "public" users, i.e. not named users, to view an online app I have made public, and request it to be taken offline.  I think Collector requires a login, but will look into that. And I know that it can be done with a clip and ship, but looking at a more user friendly way.  But this may be a topic for another thread.

0 Kudos