Problem with pop-ups in the swipe story map application

04-30-2014 07:47 PM
KevinLoberg
New Contributor
I've built a story map using the swipe application and am having issues with the pop-ups.  When I click on a point to bring up the pop-up for that point and then swipe across the point, the pop-up header changes but the content often does not.  Sometimes it does however, and there appears no rhyme nor reason behind when it does and does not change.  The link to the map is:

http://loberg.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StorytellingSwipe/?appid=0b6f12f894a54ff6949ded1da8f2a1b9

Any help is much appreciated.

-Kevin
0 Kudos
4 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Kevin,
We are looking at the issue and will let you know if we have a fix or workaround in the next days.
0 Kudos
MarkCooney
Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this issue.  We are still finalizing a solution, but a work-around for now would be to change the symbol used for the features from the 'flag' being used now, to something a bit more simple like a simple shape.  We will aim to include our final solution into the next release of AGOL.  If you need the fix sooner and are able to host the application yourself, let me know and I can send you a version that includes the fix.

-Mark
0 Kudos
KevinLoberg
New Contributor
Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this issue.  We are still finalizing a solution, but a work-around for now would be to change the symbol used for the features from the 'flag' being used now, to something a bit more simple like a simple shape.  We will aim to include our final solution into the next release of AGOL.  If you need the fix sooner and are able to host the application yourself, let me know and I can send you a version that includes the fix.

-Mark

Thanks Mark.  I rebuilt my application using simpler symbology and the problem went away.  A new problem has popped up though.  After clicking a few points, all of the points on my main map disappear.  Any ideas?  The link to the app is below:

http://loberg.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StorytellingSwipe/?appid=7d9b0b74a24844c980e0ed2201f55372

Thanks.
0 Kudos
MarkCooney
Hi Kevin,

It appears to be a bug associated with the spyglass when using two different web maps.  I have identified the source of the problem as well as a solution.  We will include the fix in the next AGOL release, but if you are able to host a version on a server of your own, I would be happy to send you a zip of the fixed version when it is ready.

Very cool concept on your app by the way, very different from what we have seen so far.

-Mark
0 Kudos