Single Sign On with SPNEGO and Tomcat from ArcGIS JavaScript API web app?

04-30-2014 01:02 PM
ScottJones
New Contributor
Our organization wants to use SSO for all of our applications using SPNEGO.  We have ArcGIS Server & Web Adapter deployed to Tomcat.  We're using ArcGIS Server 10.2.

We have HTML-based maps calling secured services via the ArcGIS JavaScript API & Dojo.  However, currently this is prompting the user for a username/password the first time a secured web service is called.  The page then gets a token and stores it in the IdentityManager.  We want to skip this step.  We want Tomcat/SPNEGO and to authenticate us, & have the Web Adapter pass our credentials along to the ArcGIS Server (where we assign LDAP Users to Roles and lock down the services with these roles). 

I see in the documentation that "Windows Authentication" is supported for IIS only.  We can't use IIS.  I see no mentions of Single Sign On, SSO, or SPNEGO in the documentation, help pages, or forums.  The most hopeful thing I see is this: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/0155/0155000005rp000000.htm#ESRI_SECTION2_58CA382225F5....

Has anyone else used ArcGIS with SPNEGO or setup single sign on with another non-IIS framework?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SergioGalindo1
New Contributor

Hi Scott,

Did you ever find an answer to this? We are trying to do the same...

0 Kudos