license-your-app - Standard licensing with license code.

Jump to solution
04-29-2014 10:36 AM
Patrick_Numainville
New Contributor II
On the iOS Guide - license-your-app

https://developers.arcgis.com/ios/guide/license-your-app.htm

There is a section for using a license code, it references a code sample in the text but no code sample is present.
Also I have an ArcGIS Runtime SDK Authorization code with our EDN subscription, can the Software Authorization Wizard 10.1.1 included with ArcGIS Runtime for WPF be used to generate the license code for iOS?

------------
Use a license code to license your app

Obtain and set the Client ID for your app by following all of the Basic level licensing steps.
Obtain a license code by contacting the Esri office that serves you. If you're in the United States, call Esri at 1-800-447-9778.
Using the following code sample, set the license code in your app after you set the Client ID and before any ArcGIS Runtime functionality is used:
-----

We are using the AGSLicense setLicenseCode method which we assume to be the required method.

FYI : We have contacted our sales rep (@ ESRI Canada) as well but his documentation is not up to date regarding standard licensing for iOS. He'll be following up with me later today.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShiminCai
Occasional Contributor III
I had the same issue before. I'm using the code below in the app delegation method didFinishLaunchingWithOptions to license my app. Here I used a dummy client id and license code. Hope it helps. Regards, Shimin

//License ArcGIS Runtime Standard
    //set the Client ID first. The client id was issued when registering the app with esri ArcGIS for Developers.
    NSError *error;
    NSString *clientID = @"1Fffgff667Loj123";
    [AGSRuntimeEnvironment setClientID:clientID error:&error];
    if(error)
    {
        NSLog(@"Error using client ID: %@", [error localizedDescription]);
    }

//Enable Standard level functionality using the license code KLUJY5D9QW8K5L3BH290.
    //According to the ESRI Australia support, the license code was generated using ArcGIS Software Authorization Wizard.
    //The authorization number rud######### is obtained from the Customer Care Portal.
    //Note: the authorization number is case sensitive. The RUD######### does not work and is displayed in the Customer Care Portal.
    [[AGSRuntimeEnvironment license]setLicenseCode:@"runtimestandard,101,rud#########,none, KLUJY5D9QW8K5L3BH290"];

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Pat,

It looks like there are two main ways to license your app: via ArcGIS Online and the app itself in the ArcGIS for Developers account, or by calling your local Esri office.

Have you tried using the Client ID from the Runtime SDK Licensing option under the specific application in your ArcGIS for Developers account?

-Noah
0 Kudos
ShiminCai
Occasional Contributor III
I had the same issue before. I'm using the code below in the app delegation method didFinishLaunchingWithOptions to license my app. Here I used a dummy client id and license code. Hope it helps. Regards, Shimin

//License ArcGIS Runtime Standard
    //set the Client ID first. The client id was issued when registering the app with esri ArcGIS for Developers.
    NSError *error;
    NSString *clientID = @"1Fffgff667Loj123";
    [AGSRuntimeEnvironment setClientID:clientID error:&error];
    if(error)
    {
        NSLog(@"Error using client ID: %@", [error localizedDescription]);
    }

//Enable Standard level functionality using the license code KLUJY5D9QW8K5L3BH290.
    //According to the ESRI Australia support, the license code was generated using ArcGIS Software Authorization Wizard.
    //The authorization number rud######### is obtained from the Customer Care Portal.
    //Note: the authorization number is case sensitive. The RUD######### does not work and is displayed in the Customer Care Portal.
    [[AGSRuntimeEnvironment license]setLicenseCode:@"runtimestandard,101,rud#########,none, KLUJY5D9QW8K5L3BH290"];
0 Kudos