drs5224

Creating Raster from Vector file of whole study area

Discussion created by drs5224 on Apr 28, 2014
Latest reply on May 6, 2014 by mark909
Hi,
I am doing my thesis on an archaeological predictive model and I am using a binary logistic regression for the (n=7) variables that I chose for prediction of archaeological sites in SPSS.  I found that four are significant and then I was taking the beta values times the layers in the raster calculator to predict the likelihood (yes or no) of an archaeological site being in a 1 meter square raster cell. My problem is that one of my variables is archaeological site distance to streams which was calculated for each known archaeological site and the non-sites I created using the near function. I rasterized the streams layer however when I used the raster calculator because the streams layer does not cover the whole county that the calculation only predicted where the streams were and not the whole county.  I was wondering if there is a way to make a layer for the whole county where streams are = to 1 and the rest of the county is = to 0.  I tried to rasterize the streams layer after I created buffers but that just makes the whole county one class even when I tried to reclassify the layer.  However, it is possible that I did this wrong thou.  My professors have not been able to think of anything that could help me.  I really hope this makes sense and any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Outcomes