error when checking data back into ArcGIS

04-23-2014 04:11 PM
jessibrunson
New Contributor
I keep receiving the following error message when trying to check data back into my geodatabase:

The following ArcPad AXF files were skipped:

Did not contain a transaction log:
(filename).axf

From previous forum questions, this appears to be a problem when you check out a background layer for editing.  However, when I am checking out my data I am clearly checking out the data for disconnected editing using my defined extent.  I am not checking it out as background data. 

I ran a brief test where I checked data out and immediately checked it back in and had no problems.  However, when I collect data in the field and try to check it back in later, I get that same frustrating error message.  Can anyone help me?  I am quickly approaching a busy field season and trying not to panic.  Thanks!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeCseke
New Contributor
For some reason with the ArcPad Data Manager, you cannot check in the data directly from the GPS unit. You need to copy the .axf file and the .axf.log file to either a network drive or your hard drive. Once you've copied it, you should be able to check in the data.
0 Kudos
jessibrunson
New Contributor
Thanks, I tried to copy and paste the file into a folder on my desktop to check it in.  Oddly, I do not have an .axf.log file with the check out.  I haven't altered the data I checked out in any way, so I'm wondering if there is an error in the check out process that isn't automatically creating a log file?
0 Kudos