Sample server 3 web services earthquakes test or real data?

Jump to solution
04-23-2014 07:12 AM
JanieGoddard
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,
   I need to know if the data shown in the sample server 3 for Earthquakes1970 is accurate data. Is this just test data or is it all US significant earthquakes during the listed time period 1970-2009.
   http://sampleserver3.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Earthquakes/Since_1970/MapServer/0
I would like to compare the current earthquake data to this data to see changes in the location of US earthquakes.
Thanks,
Janie
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
In general, data that is listed as sample data from Esri should not be considered as reliable, accurate data. If you are looking for US earthquake data, I'd suggest trying the USGS. I believe they have services that can be added directly to maps, or downloadable data that you could add to a map.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
In general, data that is listed as sample data from Esri should not be considered as reliable, accurate data. If you are looking for US earthquake data, I'd suggest trying the USGS. I believe they have services that can be added directly to maps, or downloadable data that you could add to a map.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos