AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to edit featureclass error: Could not edit the data in the folder or database.

Question asked by grsamit on Apr 16, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 by grsamit
Hi All,

Recently I have upgraded ArcGIS 10.1 to 10.1.1.  I have a featuredataset in ArcSDE (Oracle 11g) and lets assume the owner of the featureclass, relationship table is 'operation' present in the featuredataset. My aim is to create a new version and edit it with a different user other than 'Operation'.

Established a sysadmin connection to ArcSDE, then from Arctoolbox create a user, let say 'Editor'
Established a connection to ArcSDE from ArcCatalog with the user 'Operation' and created a new version called 'DL'

Established a connection to ArcSDE from ArcCatalog with the user 'Editor', using the Change privelege tool grant the user 'editor' permission to connect and edit the version.

While trying to edit the featureclass from 'DL' version connecting with user 'editor' getting error: Could not edit the data in the folder or database you selected.

The above scenario is working with other featuredataset, this seems very simple to report but I don't know what is causing the issue. This featuredataset is ArcFM enabled data. Tried to de-register and re-register as version, restarted the oracle instance, etc but no success.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards,
Amit

Outcomes