Viewing an app but not the map

04-14-2014 06:07 AM
StephenBell3
New Contributor
Good day All,

Is it possible to set up a group so that members can view an App but not the Map that the App was created from?
If this isn't possible, can the gallery be customized so instead of defaulting to show 'All' to show only 'Apps'?

I'm basically trying to limit the content that people can view; any other workarounds that you know of would also be gratefully received.

Cheers
Stephen
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
The map doesn't have to be part of the group, if it's shared at a higher level than the group. For example, if you share the map with the "organization" it will be visible to members of the group, but not be listed as part of the group.

If a map is part of a group, then it will be shown in the gallery, if the gallery points at the group. You could write your own custom gallery to filter out maps...

Mike
0 Kudos
StephenBell3
New Contributor
I shared the Map with the Organization but the Map is still accessible, alongside the App, from the gallery.  I don't want this to be seen as I know it will cause confusion to the potential users.  How can they only see what is directly shared with that group?
0 Kudos
StephenBell3
New Contributor
Mike,

Thanks for the answer.  How does one go about writing a custom Gallery?

Cheers
Stephen
0 Kudos