record Z / Altitude

Jump to solution
04-09-2014 01:01 PM
LukePhilips
New Contributor III
Hey, is there any way to use Collector (or any mobile ESRI app) to record Altitude along with Lat Long?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor

I know the original post was from some time back but wanted to share that the GPS audit fields you mention can now be configured with Collector app. Please review these documents for detailed instructions, Configure GPS metadata storage—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS.

Cheers,

Denise

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Nope there currently isn't any support for z & m values in the Collector app as off right now. What would you be using the z values for?

Thanks
Russ
LukePhilips
New Contributor III
Ideally be able to determine if you are off-ground (building levels/roofs, poles, etc..).
0 Kudos
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor

If the ArcGIS Online hosted feature service's source data comes from a featureclass with shapeZ geometry type, then Collector errors out and won't capture the point. I was using Pro to share a shapeZ feature class to ArcGIS Online to use offline in Collector. However, it won't capture the point. I think there needs to be an exception to ignore the Z or place a default 0, in the geometry for Z. The unintended consequences of making it easy for users to "share as web layer" is that not all geometry types are supported in Collector like Z and M. Whereas, in the ArcGIS Online Webmap, you could add additional points, or edit points, without error.

DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor

I know the original post was from some time back but wanted to share that the GPS audit fields you mention can now be configured with Collector app. Please review these documents for detailed instructions, Configure GPS metadata storage—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS.

Cheers,

Denise

0 Kudos