Searching in Collector - No results found

04-09-2014 09:55 AM
JasonHorning
New Contributor
I have a very basic ArcGIS Online Map that I am using with Collector.  When I download my map for use in Collector I attempt to search for attributes that are known to be available in the features within the extent I have downloaded.  I have yet to get a search result using even the most basic of information. Any help would be appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
The Collector app currently does not support searching through map layers right now. This is something we plan on supporting in a future release.

Russ
0 Kudos
AmandaOpp
New Contributor III
The Collector app currently does not support searching through map layers right now. This is something we plan on supporting in a future release.

Russ

Hey there Russ,
I added the custom search option by choosing a layer and an attribute to search in AGOL while I was building my map to use in collector.  I don't get any search results with that either.  Is there a plan to update the search capabilities on collector?  The folks that are using collector in the field are a bit annoyed that they can't search anything but addresses. Thanks!
0 Kudos
NickHarvey
Occasional Contributor II

Ditto here.  Just confirmed the same in changing the find locations options in the AGOL map.  Its great that the intention is there -  Like yours, our field personnel are expecting a search by asset #. 

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The recent update of 10.2.4 Collector supports feature search that have been configured in the web map. You can configure the feature search under the map details.

Cheers

Russ

NickHarvey

Rats - I must be missing something on my service or AGOL setup then?.  See image of AGOL config below....I've tried both WFS and WMS service options...On searching it either returns no results or the app closes when I hit search.   I had installed 10.2.4 on Monday because we need the camera-app fix for Galaxy phones (which works now, awesome).  Anything else that I should look to?

thanks

-Nick

screensnippet.JPG

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the map and service to a group and invite Collector4ArcGIS into that group and I will take a look and see what the issue is. Let me know what the group is after you share your content.

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
NickHarvey

Created a group for you:  esristafftestinggroup - Apologies if I sent multiple invites (was in our master account at first).

thanks

-Nick

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

It looks like your search is setup against a county parcels layer PIN and not Facility ID field which could be the issue?  I created a copy of the map and changed the query to Manholes > Facility ID contains and did a search on 68-14600 and it worked.

Another thing I noticed is the parcel layer is missing its geometry so if you do a query against the PIN field for that layer we cannot zoom to it because the service is not returning a geometry. I checked against the service at the REST and I saw the same thing there.

NickHarvey

That makes sense (make sure the geometry fields are in the service).  The facility id was where I was eventually headed (I had placed it in the hint but started using the PIN/parcels to test after getting no returns at some point).  I just tested this on another map, and it works fine.  Thanks again for your help!

-Nick

0 Kudos