Dollar symbol on ArcGIS Online

04-08-2014 10:29 AM
JacobFrie
New Contributor
Hello, I've constructed an attribute field called "price" within a shapefile on my ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop. I will be using the information in that shapefile to create an ArcGIS Online Map that can show the prices of parcels of land for purchase. The problem is, I can't figure out how to get the dollar sign to show up in the pop-up box on ArcGIS Online (i.e., $7,400.00). I can get the comma separator, but no dollar symbol (i.e., 7,400.00). Anybody know how to get that to show up? Thanks!

~ Jake
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
EldredAllen
New Contributor II
When you 'Configure Pop-up' in AGO, under the 'Pop-up Contents' you have an option to Display A custom attribute display.  Once you have that option selected you click the large green 'Configure Button' and you can configure the way your pop-up looks.  Along the top ribbon at the far right of the Custom Attribute Display window there is a '+' button and you can use this to see what attributes you have in your shapefile.  So to create your custom pop-up you can write:

price = $ {price}

parcel = {parcel} - this is an example

And then add what other attributes you want in your pop-up as well below this one.  And as I mentioned, to include the other attributes just use the '+' button so you don't have to remember what all of your attributes are.

I hope this helps.
DavidTowsey1
New Contributor

I know this is an old post, but I just got to start playing around with ArcGIS Online and this is tremendously helpful to me. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
JacobFrie
New Contributor
When you 'Configure Pop-up' in AGO, under the 'Pop-up Contents' you have an option to Display A custom attribute display.  Once you have that option selected you click the large green 'Configure Button' and you can configure the way your pop-up looks.  Along the top ribbon at the far right of the Custom Attribute Display window there is a '+' button and you can use this to see what attributes you have in your shapefile.  So to create your custom pop-up you can write:

price = $ {price}

parcel = {parcel} - this is an example

And then add what other attributes you want in your pop-up as well below this one.  And as I mentioned, to include the other attributes just use the '+' button so you don't have to remember what all of your attributes are.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your help. I will give this a try. These forums are awesome!

~ Jake
0 Kudos
JarrettGreen
New Contributor III

So bringing this thread back...

I like the workflow, however is it possible to use the styling of the stock pop-ups? For my parcel layer, I simply want to add a $ sign before any monetary values, but would like the style of this pop-up to match all the others.

I see the ‘View HTML Source’ but I am not well-versed in HTML and CSS enough to craft it.  Has anyone attempted this before?

Thanks,

Jarrett

0 Kudos