AnsweredAssumed Answered

PrintTask/PrintParameters bug?

Question asked by TimSparq on Apr 7, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 23, 2014 by fischpet
I have a site with two cached map services and one dynamic service.

When I add my dynamic layer to my map, I call .setVisibleLayers([ ... ]) to set my desired layers. One of the layers is a group layer, the others are in the "root" level. I pass the "group" level id to .setVisibleLayers([ ... ]) for the group layer as I want all layers in that group visible.

I've created a "print" function which is called from a button onclick which executes a simple PrintTask.

function printMap() {
 require(["esri/tasks/PrintTask", "esri/tasks/PrintParameters", "esri/tasks/PrintTemplate"], 
   function(PrintTask, PrintParameters, PrintTemplate){

var url = "http://gisapps/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export Web Map Task";

var template = new PrintTemplate();
    template.layoutOptions = {
      titleText: "Selected Work",
      legendLayers: []

};
    template.format = "PDF";
    template.layout = "A4 Landscape";
    template.exportOptions = {
      width: 1024,
      height: 786,
      dpi: 96
    };

var params = new PrintParameters();
    params.template = template;
    params.map = map;

var printTask = new PrintTask(url);
    printTask.execute(params, function(results){
     window.open(results.url);
    });
   }
 );
}

When I execute this PrintTask, the grouped layers in my dynamic service do not appear in the output - the other layers do.

If instead of supplying the group layer id to .setVisibleLayers[ ... ]) I supply the individual layer ids, they then appear in the PrintTask output.

I'm fairly sure this is a bug, because it would seem a bit strange that supplying the group layer id to .setVisibleLayers() would result in all layers in the group becoming visible in the map, but not the output of the PrintTask.

Outcomes