Tracking Services in ArcGIS Online

04-07-2014 10:24 AM
BrianHaren
Occasional Contributor
We've been playing with tracking services using Collector and Operations Dashboards and while the service seems to work as advertised we do have some questions about additional functionality.

First, is there a way to differentiate between users being tracked against the same tracking service.  What we'd really like is in Dashboard have a table of contents listing that shows, by ArcGIS Online login, who is being actively tracked and have different colors and/or symbols used to track each user.  Can this be done today?

While there are pop-ups associated with each 'breadcrumb', the only data appended to the pop-up is relative GPS accuracy.  Is there a way to have the pop-up also carry the user name and data/time stamp when the breadcrumb was created? 

Is there a way to filter the breadcrumbs and have them show, in a highlighted fashion (say a pulsing beacon), just the current location of the device running Collector?  Many of our customers don't care about where their workers were, just where they are now. 

Is there a way to have the tracking service 'connect the dots'?  We collect data in some pretty dense areas and we'd like to have the bread crumbs connected so we can discern the actual path each field collector takes.  Otherwise we just have hundreds of points clustered in small areas that don't make any sense for determining who went where, and when.

Thanks!

Brian
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
1) Differentiate Users:
    After users have been out in the field collecting data you could do a unique value renderer in the web map against the creator field and that could generate a different color for each field user. You can only do this until a point has been created for each user.

2) Those fields exist in the feature service and you can go into the popup in the web map and have those fields displayed.

3) This is something we are looking into improving but there is no OTB solution just yet.

4) I think changing the time interval and the unique value rendering can help with this.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Russ
0 Kudos
BrianHaren
Occasional Contributor
Russ,

Thanks for the info!

I think you should know that, by default, the only field in the tracking service data table that is exposed is the Accuracy field.  To access the creator and date fields you must select the 'Display: A custom attribute display' option in the pop-up configuration tool before you can see these additional fields.  This is what was tripping me up.

Brian
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
You can also use the default popup configuration and when editing the popup click on Configure Attributes and enable the visibility on the editor tracking fields.

Russ
0 Kudos