Javascript and the iPad

04-01-2014 04:19 AM
deleted-user-yA_w_FC9FKe5
New Contributor III
It seems as though our upper management wants to be able to use the GIS in the field and to be able to quickly get to documents using location.  What I would love to be able to do is have it so that these documents were stored on the iPad in case they do not have an internet connection and have a link in my info box to them.     Anyone ever do this or have any ideas of how to do this?

I'm even willing to purchase a beverage at the UC in July for anyone really helpful.  😉
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonathanUihlein
Esri Regular Contributor
If the total size of your data is less than 5 MB, you can serialize the data and store it using the browser's local storage mechanism.

However, if your data is greater than 5 MB and you lack an internet connection, this becomes much more complicated and you might want to look into using a native application, rather than a web application.

If being a Javascript application is a requirement, and you need to store more data than local storage allows, you may want to look into a hybrid application using a framework like PhoneGap (http://phonegap.com/).
0 Kudos