0% Tied, 0% Unmatched, 0% Matched

03-31-2014 04:08 PM
OliviaDeSimone
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I am trying to geocode about 1,000 addresses.  I've tried using multiple address locators and composites, but the results for this set of data continues to come up completed with 0% Matched, 0% Tied, 0% Unmatched, and average speed n/a.  I've done small tests against the address locators using several addresses with which I am familiar, and they've been able to geocode those which leads me to believe it is a problem with the dataset.  Has anyone else come across this problem?

Thank you!
Olivia
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
StevenGraf1
Occasional Contributor III
If you could post a sample address that you are trying to geocode that may be helpful.  Things I do to make my data 'cleaner' for the geocoder using excel is to trim the sheet (removes leading and trailing spaces), copy the cells and paste the VALUES so to remove all formulas, make sure there are no blank records separating my data and make everything uppercase.  Taking out all special characters is something also I consider. 

It is strange that you get 0% matched, tied, and unmatched.  I would copy all addresses to a new csv or excel workbook and try again.

If you still can't get your data to geocode, you may want to rebuild your locator.

Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
...which leads me to believe it is a problem with the dataset...

The data you are matching to or the address data you are trying to geo-locate?

As suggested, post a snippet of the the data you are matching against as well as a snippet of the addresses you trying to match.  What locator are you building and what version of ArcGIS are you using?
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
IngridMans
Occasional Contributor II

I realize this is an old post, but I'm having this issue myself now in ArcPro 2.7. Message includes:

0 Matched (-nan(ind)%)
0 Unmatched (-nan(ind)%)
0 Tied (-nan(ind)%)

How should I interpret this? My excel spreadsheet has some 1600 rows of addresses. 

0 Kudos