Can geocoding results include County/Census Tracts/Political Boundaries fields?

03-26-2014 03:05 PM
AnthonyBarnes1
New Contributor II
Hello!

Scenario: We have a composite address locator using ESRI Street Premium data, it works great! But it has been requested      that the geocoding results include other geographic information about the addresses. Mainly things like... "what county is it in?",        "what census tract or block group it's in" or "what congressional district it's in?" essentially regional information about the point           location.

Question: Is there a way to have a locator include all this extra information in the results?, so when the data is geocoded       these regions would be added to the table? Maybe even allow the user to check and un-check which data to include and not include
in the results.

The only other way I figured I could do this was to run the Spatial Join tool on the results after the fact. But I want to know if it is     possible during the geocoding process.

Thanks!

Tony
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi

The simplest way to do this is a Spatial Join after geocoding.  It is possible to output one additional field when geocoding but in your case it sounds like you want multiple.

Regards
0 Kudos
AnthonyBarnes1
New Contributor II
Hi

The simplest way to do this is a Spatial Join after geocoding.  It is possible to output one additional field when geocoding but in your case it sounds like you want multiple.

Regards

Yea, multiple fields is definitely what I want for the end result. But I am interested in how to do one field too. In particular Census     Tracts.

How is that done?
0 Kudos