Publishing Mosaic Dataset in ArcGIS for Server 10.2

03-26-2014 07:39 AM
MalcolmEchaluce
Occasional Contributor
I have a mosaic dataset that I'd like to publish as a service.  I would like it as a map service though and not as an image service.  When I try to publish as a map service, I get an error saying that the image extension is not licensed on the ArcGIS Server.  I have been able to publish a mosaic dataset as a map service on another server before and it did not have the image extension on it.  What, if any, are the requirements for that particular mosaic dataset to be able to get pubslihed as a map service and not as an image service so I don't need that image extension on my server?  We've got other map services in that same server that is raster data so I'm assuming there is a way.  Thanks in advanced.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Malcolm,

What, if any, are the requirements for that particular mosaic dataset to be able to get pubslihed as a map service and not as an image service so I don't need that image extension on my server?

Please review this help topic: Publishing image services

Does your mosaic dataset use the Mosaic function in its function chain?

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
MalcolmEchaluce
Occasional Contributor
Hi Malcolm,

Please review this help topic: Publishing image services

Does your mosaic dataset use the Mosaic function in its function chain?

Hope this helps,

Turns out that other imagery we've got that we were able to publish as a map service instead of an image service was first made into a raster catalog.  That raster catalog is then published as a map service to our server that does not have an image extension.
0 Kudos