"Clip and Ship" from Web-UI

03-25-2014 07:18 AM
StephenCoppola
New Contributor III
Good Morning All:

How do I "clip and ship" a layer from a web-based map.  The "layer" is a URL reference to the data source being offered through an ArcGIS server.  New to the concept, your input is appreciated, thank you for your time.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Stephen,

I'm keen to understand a little more about what you are trying to achieve, but before we do that let's just make sure your post is in the correct forum.  If you are using the ArcGIS Runtime for Java (native applications for Windows / Linux) this is the right place, however the title of the post says Web-UI, so maybe I need to move you post to be better place.  If you answer the questions below we'll be able to help you:

1. What product / platform are you using?
2. Can you explain a little more about the workflow you are trying to implement?

Thanks

Mark
0 Kudos
StephenCoppola
New Contributor III
Good Afternoon:

Thank you for your reply. We are using the Java SDK that comes with ArcGIS for Server 10.2 on a Windows 7 platform.
The "Clip and Ship" ArcTutorial that comes with Server is what we are using a base case.

In summary, we are offering a Feature Service and we want to be able to select an area of interest and extract the feature service as a shape-file, geodatabase etc.  "Clip and Ship" is based on services that you offer from your own source (i.e. your geodatabase stored on your server). 

What we would like to do is extend this "Clip and Ship" to accept a Feature Service from an URL which may reference data not stored in our Server's geodatabase. The Feature Service's are being displayed on a web-based interface written in Java.

Your insight is much appreciated, thank you for your time.
0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor
I'm afraid I'm still unclear what product you are using.  Is this the JavaScript API or ArcObjects based Java?

Thanks

Mark
0 Kudos
StephenCoppola
New Contributor III
Good Day Mark:

Thank you for moving this to the proper place in the forum.  We are using Java Script API as our programming paradigm.
The sample code we are working with is ESRI "Clip and Ship" Java Script (see link below). Feel free to ask more questions, thank you for your time and insight.

Respectfully
Stephen

Java Script Sample Code:
https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/jssamples/gp_clipasync.html
0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor
Okay - moving to the Javascript forum...

Good luck

Mark
0 Kudos