Compatible spatial analyst Extension for ArcGIS 10.2

03-24-2014 06:15 PM
SamhitaBose
New Contributor
Hi!

My machine has been recently installed with the updated ArcGIS 10.2 and R 3.0.3. Is the latest version of GME compatible with these versions of R or ArcGIS? I can downgrade to a older version of R for the required compatibility but I am not sure I can do that with ArcGIS. If there is no compatible GME version for ArcGIS 10.2, then can anyone suggest any alternative extension/function/tools to  calculate the MCPs for the radiocollared animals and also other subsequent spatial analyses like step lengths and turn angles.

Thanks,
Samhita
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor
I don't believe that Hawthorne has yet released a version of GME compatible with ArcGIS 10.2 -- the site shows 10.1 as the latest version supported. Jake Wall has a package explcitly for movement ecology, ArcMET, and it does support MCP, but I'm not sure if it's yet available for 10.2 either -- you might want to check with him. Generally, the third party extensions from the scientific community aren't lock-step with the latest releases, as it can take a while to have enough new users on the platform to justify the time required to build a release for that version.

cheers,
Shaun
0 Kudos